Where to Cut Down a Christmas Tree Near Ottawa
A real Christmas tree is more than a simple decoration, it is an experience.
Distance from downtown Ottawa: About 30 minutes, SW
- November 21-December 24, 7 days a week 9am - 9pm.
- Cut your own tree or pre-cut available. They shake and bale for you.
- Free hay rides, wagon rides, farm animals and bonfires on weekends. There’s a chance you’ll get to see Santa! Scouts sell hotdogs the 3 weekends leading to Christmas.
- They are a working farm, offering other produce in the warmer months and varying tree services, including landscape trees and tree removal.
- This year you can pre-order your tree and have the pre-cut delivered!
Distance from downtown: Roughly 35 minutes, S
- Opening day is November 28, 2020. Daily 9am-4:30pm. Closed December 24 and 25.
- Cut down your own tree. They can assist you in cutting down the tree – just ask! Free shaking & baling. Landscaping throughout the year.
- Complimentary hot chocolate, wagon rides and bonfires on weekends.
Distance from downtown: About 35 minutes, SW
- Open November 28, 2020 for the season. Open daily, 9am on weekends, noon on weekdays, until 4:30pm.
- Cut your own tree or browse their indoor forest for pre-cuts. They shake and bale your tree.
- Weekend wagon rides, hot drinks and bonfires. Fresh Fraser fir wreaths available.
Distance from downtown: About 30 minutes, SE
- Open daily November 12 – December 23, 8am-4:30pm.
- Choose and cut your own tree. Saws available to borrow as well as twine.
- Forest paths to explore and other greenery and arrangements for sale. Make sure to stop in their antiques and Christmas shop! Ornaments, decorations, linens and antiques!
Macgowan’s Christmas Tree Farm
Distance from downtown: Roughly 40 minutes, E
- Open weekends 9am to 5pm, starting November 14, 2020.
- Cut down your own tree! If you can’t make it to the farm, they can deliver a tree to your door (Stittsville, Kanata, Almonte and West Carelton areas). They will shake and bale. Curbside pickup available.
- Wreaths, table top trees and tree stands for purchase. Wagon rides, hot chocolate and campfires. Dog friendly!
Distance from downtown: Roughly 45 minutes, W
- November 12 – December 24, open daily. 9am-5pm on weekends. Pick up of online orders only Monday - Friday.
- Cut your own tree or pre-cut options. Saws provided.
- Wreaths, sliding hill, wagon rides, bonfires, straw play structure and more. Hot food available at Café Claus and cozy shop to keep warm. Come meet Santa - dates to be confirmed! They accept visa and mastercard as well as cash.
Distance from downtown Ottawa: About 40 minutes, SW
- Open weekends as of November 21, and weekdays as of November 27, 9am - 5pm .
- Cut your own tree! Tree shaking and baling included. Bring a saw or use one provided.
- Free hot chocolate and cookies available. Children’s area for them to play and bonfires to enjoy. Handmade wreaths also available for purchase! Horse drawn sleigh rides and tractor hay rides are not occurring this year due to Covid related concerns.
Distance from downtown: Roughly 20 minutes, SE
- Opening day is November 27, 2020. Open daily at 9am, until 5pm on Sundays and open until 8pm Monday through Saturday.
- You can cut your own, or choose pre-cut. Balsam and Fraser firs as well as multiple spruce and pines available. Saws on hand.
- Birch branches and basic outdoor décor usually available.
Distance from downtown: Roughly 45 minutes, S
- Open on November 28 until December 24, every day until 5pm.
- They save the best trees for the cut-your-own customers.
- Family fun day on December 7, from 9am-4pm! The farm partners with the MS Society of Leeds Grenville. A portion of the tree proceeds are donated to support MS. BBQ and hot drinks offered.
Distance from downtown: About 45 minutes, SW
- November 21 – December 22, open Thursday – Sunday until 10pm.
- Cut your own tree or find the perfect pre-cut. Tree shaking and baling provided. Saws also available. Free entrance to the park if you are purchasing a tree.
- The fact that they have a map to direct you to all the various activities tells you how much is going on there. Some events include a sliding hill, skating pond, live reindeer, hay barn, mazes, wagon rides, hiking trails… Get cozy in the warm up building or near a campfire. Movie night, new this year 2020.
Distance from downtown: Roughly 1 hour, SW
- Beginning November 20, open at noon Fridays, and weekends 9am until dark.
- You cut your own or find a pre-cut. Saws provided.
- Christmas tree, and horse farm. Wreaths also for sale. New hiking trails! Binder twine available. Santa typically visits, but will not be this 2020 year due to Covid-19.
You can find real trees that are pre-cut in the city of Ottawa. Some locations that are local and would also have a festive vibe are; Parkdale Market, Carp Garden Centre, Richmond Nursery, Kings Creek Trees & Ornamentals and the Byward Market.
For our ten tips for cutting down your own Christmas tree, click here.
For the best reasons to visit Ottawa in the winter, click here.