Where to Cut Down a Christmas Tree Near Ottawa
A real Christmas tree is more than a simple decoration, it is an experience.
Distance from downtown Ottawa: About 30 minutes, SW
- Open November 19-December 24, 7 days a week 9am - 9pm.
- Cut your own tree or pre-cut available. They shake and bale the tree for you.
- Free hay rides, wagon rides, farm animals and bonfires on weekends. There’s a chance you’ll get to see Santa! Scouts sell hotdogs the 3 weekends leading to Christmas.
- They are a working farm, offering other produce in the warmer months and varying tree services, including landscape trees and tree removal.
- Option to have your freshly cut tree delivered for a reasonable cost!
Distance from downtown: Roughly 35 minutes, S
- Typically open daily as of the end of November, but closed for this 2021 season. They will be open for Christmas trees again in 2022.
- Cut down your own tree. They can assist you in cutting down the tree – just ask! Free shaking & baling. Landscaping throughout the year.
- Complimentary hot chocolate, wagon rides and bonfires on weekends.
Distance from downtown: About 35 minutes, SW
- Open November 27, 2021 for the season. Open daily, 9am on weekends and noon on weekdays, until 4:00pm.
- Cut your own tree or browse their indoor forest for pre-cuts. They shake and bale your tree.
- Weekend wagon rides, hot drinks and bonfires. Fresh Fraser fir wreaths available.
- There are some changes this 2021 season due to Covid, including cash payment only available if exact amount, and pets are not permitted.
Distance from downtown: About 30 minutes, SE
- Open daily November 12 – December 22, 2021, from 8am-4:30pm.
- Choose and cut your own tree. Saws available to borrow as well as twine.
- Forest paths to explore and other greenery and arrangements for sale. Make sure to stop in their antiques and Christmas shop! Ornaments, decorations, linens and antiques!
Distance from downtown: Roughly 40 minutes, E
- Open weekends 9am to 5pm, starting November 20, 2021.
- Cut down your own tree! Typically they offer Christmas tree delivery in the west end, but that is on hold this 2021 season. They will shake and bale. Curbside pickup available.
- Wreaths, table top trees and tree stands for purchase. Wagon rides, hot chocolate and campfires. Dog friendly!
Distance from downtown: Roughly 45 minutes, W
- November 20 – December 24, open daily. 9am-5pm on weekends. Pick up of online orders only Monday - Friday.
- Cut your own tree or pre-cut options. Saws provided.
- Wreaths, sliding hill, wagon rides, bonfires, straw play structure and more. Hot food available at Café Claus and cozy shop to keep warm. Come meet Santa - dates to be confirmed! They accept visa and mastercard as well as cash.
Distance from downtown Ottawa: About 40 minutes, SW
- Open Wednesday to Sunday as of November 26, 2021, 9am - 5pm.
- Cut your own tree! Tree shaking and baling included. Bring a saw or use one provided.
- Free hot chocolate and cookies available. Children’s area for them to play and bonfires to enjoy. Handmade wreaths also available for purchase! Horse drawn sleigh rides and tractor hay rides are not occurring this year due to Covid related concerns.
Distance from downtown: Roughly 20 minutes, SE
- Opened November 27, 2020 stay tuned for 2021 opening date. Open daily at 9am, until 5pm on Sundays and open until 8pm Monday through Saturday.
- You can cut your own, or choose pre-cut. Balsam and Fraser firs as well as multiple spruce and pines available. Saws on hand.
- Birch branches and basic outdoor décor usually available.
Distance from downtown: Roughly 45 minutes, S
- Open on November 27 until December 24, 2021 every day until 5pm.
- They save the best trees for the cut-your-own customers.
- They have horse drawn wagon rides that are a favourite for kids! Stay tuned for information on a potential Family Day announcement for 2021.
Distance from downtown: About 45 minutes, SW
- November 20 – December 22, open Thursday – Sunday until 10pm.
- Cut your own tree or find the perfect pre-cut. Tree shaking and baling provided. Saws also available. Free entrance to the park if you are purchasing a tree.
- The fact that they have a map to direct you to all the various activities tells you how much is going on there. Some events include a sliding hill, skating pond, live reindeer, hay barn, mazes, wagon rides, hiking trails… Get cozy in the warm up building or near a campfire. Movie night, new since 2020!
Distance from downtown: Roughly 1 hour, SW
- Beginning November 19, 2021, open at noon Fridays, and weekends 9am until dark. Weekdays are by appointment.
- You cut your own or find a pre-cut. Saws provided.
- Christmas tree, and horse farm. Wreaths also for sale. New hiking trails with a scavenger hunt, as well as reindeer games and hot chocolate! Binder twine available.
You can find real trees that are pre-cut in the city of Ottawa. Some locations that are local and would also have a festive vibe are; Parkdale Market, Carp Garden Centre, Richmond Nursery, Kings Creek Trees & Ornamentals and the Byward Market.